Posted on September 15, 2014
It is no surprise that social media is changing the landscape for events and conferences. The conversation is no longer limited to the stage, event break out sessions, paid for booth displays and show floors. Instead, there is a conversation happening 24/7 both inside and outside of the event.
In this episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast I share 25 tips and strategies to increase ROI at events and conferences by integrating social media.
Event managers and marketers have a tremendous opportunity to leverage social media to increase awareness of the event, increase attendance, and better engage participants live at the event as well as online. Your audience and attendance is no longer limited to the people sitting in seats in the chairs.
By integrating social media into the DNA of your event, creating visual experiences for participants and developing influence programs that tap into the power of other people’s communities within your industry you can quickly and better engage loyal brand evangelists and exponentially turn up both the buzz and business results for your event.
Events are the perfect medium to fully embrace the power of social media and social business. Social media is really one big conversation. What you do with that conversation will determine your results.
- 25 Tips to Increase ROI at events and conferences
- Pre and post show planning and integration
- How to develop an influencer program that drives real results
- Using and integrating hashtags into conversation
- Utilizing Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and more
- Creating a visual experience that humanizes your brand engages attendees
- Taking the conversation outside of the venue and event walls
- How to turn up the buzz
- Importance of measurement and analysis from the start
- How to set goals and objectives