Posted on July 28, 2014
Knowing the rise of online marketing nowadays, perhaps a common question one might ask is, what does it really take to be an effective internet marketing specialist?
Internet marketing thrives on two main advantages: convenience and economics. Nothing is more convenient and economical than the Internet for researching and ordering products. But convenience and economics are not enough. They have to be guided with an all-in-one strategy to last in the world of online marketing. So, here is an easy to remember way in order to be an effective internet marketer: You just have to be ONLINE all the time.
- O-pen to endless opportunities. One of such opportunities can be found in social media. The opportunity starts when you learn to integrate direct and non-direct marketing with social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter. In this way, you reduce cost and at the same time, you’ll never stray away from the trends of the society.
- N-oteworthy. According to Marketing Land statistics, multiple online experiences drive consumers into purchasing the products and services. Therefore, to be an effective internet marketing specialist, you should make sure that you post quality contents in various forms of media, and are worthy of every client’s attention and time. If your content is high quality, relevant, and interesting, the chances of converting visitors into buyers are high.
- L-ess. (Less is more) As cited in a Forbes article by Jayson DeMers , “with many consumers feeling burned out by a constant barrage of information and advertisements that scream look at me, some of the most innovative marketers are going the opposite direction. They’re now making efforts to tone-down their campaign messages and not overwhelm consumers with hype”. With this, effective online marketing has to be subtle, brief and concise in selling the product to avoid annoying our target audience and getting high bounce rates. Always remember, simplicity is beauty.
- I-nternet’s bestfriend. You have to befriend the world of Internet. Know every aspect of what the Internet has to offer and use it to your advantage. One such aspect is learning how websites are built. As your website is your business’s face in the World Wide Web, understanding web development and design will help you know what works for your clients.
- N-ice. There’s nothing greater than establishing a positive relationship with your audience. Being nice in all aspects throughout the marketing process also increases customer loyalty. So, always avoid bashing. Saying bad things about your competitors will just discourage your customers, instead of winning their trust.
- E-legant. Lastly, you have to be this: graceful and stylish. Never move away from what’s trending. If you have to be fearlessly stylish with your ad, then go for it, as long as it still promotes with positivity. You might want to consider infographics. Infographics are not only sharable. You can also incorporate an embedded code into the image, list your infographic in directories, and let other people post them on their websites. It makes an inbound link to your site, resulting to a boost in your search engine ranking.
Online marketing is such a great option to sell your products and services, especially when you have what it takes to be an effective internet marketing specialist.