Articles

Blog article listing  »

Outsourcing industry in the Philippines stands out

Posted on June 21, 2017

Economy growth for outsourcing

 

The Philippines Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) sector has rapidly grown in the last decade, with projected $22 billion revenue and 1.1 million employment all over the country reported in 2016 (IT and Business Process Association of the Philippines).

As of 2016 a survey conducted by consultancy firm Tholons, “Top 100 Outsourcing Destination” which was published by Oxford Business Group in 2016 on their online platform, confirmed that the Philippine has overtaken India as the frontrunner in terms of the voice business process outsourcing (BPO) industry.

The Philippines in terms of voice remains number one outsourcing destination, Manila is number 2, Cebu is number 7, Davao is number 66 and Laguna is number 81. The BPO industry in the country is consist of 80 percent in voice and the remaining 20 percent in non-voice. Most of the foreign clients choose Philippines in terms of first touch customer support. And aside from India, Philippines have also surpassed other countries like Russia, Ukraine, Czechoslovakia, and some in Latin America in The BPO industry.

As Davao City lands on the 66th spots of Tholons’ “Top 100 Outsourcing Destinations” it only means that  Davao City is now doing very well considering it stands third in the list after Manila and Cebu.

In 2016 the Information-Communication-Davao, a non government organization turn over to the city government the Center for Excellence Award for Information and Technology-Business Process Management operation. The city is now as excellence hub for Information technology and business process outsourcing alongside with Manila, Cebu, Iloilo and Bacolod. Prior to the excellence award, Davao City is now one of the “Next Wave Cities” in the country, which were based on big pool of talents, infrastructures, good business environment and cost competitiveness and as of 2016 there are 35,000 BPO workers in different fields in the City.

Source:

PH eases out India from the BPO industry, Edge Davao